With Coronavirus is forcing many of us to work from our home offices, including our clients,
a large number of people are consuming much more screen time on websites, social media and other apps. There has never been a better time than now to invest in the digital transformation of your sales and marketing processes.
keeping in touch and communicating with your customers is always important, especially at a time when the physical distance is greater than ever. With a direct marketing cloud, you can maintain customer relationships. However, if you have Salesforce, you have the right tool to do it well and ease.
Here are a few tips for boosting business relationships by communicating with your customers:
Talk with your customers directly from Salesforce
SMS is a great way to communicate with your contacts in a fast and efficient way. Before you send the messages please note:
- Send messages only if you have something useful to say, special offer, updates or information which is important for your contact.
- Keep it short and simple. If you want to expand the content, insert a responsive link to a landing page.
- Include personalization – when customers get messages that are tailored specifically to them, they’re more likely to pay attention and take action.
- Choose the right time – SMS lands directly into customers’ hands so you must consider the times of day when it is most appropriate to send it.
- Frequency is important – don’t bombard customers with messages.
Send designed newsletters & email campaigns to your contacts
They can cover a variety of topics around new offerings, products and services you may be able to provide. It’s important to pay attention to:
- Communicate more often, but send only genuinely useful content and updates.
- Use sensitive language and avoid discount codes or promotional sales related to the crisis (for example don’t use COVID19 for 19% off).
- Change the subject – customer fatigue is real. During an emergency, it is time to use new subject lines, change it up in a way that is thoughtful and helpful.
Take a look at old projects that were previously pushed aside
Such as effective marketing processes that take a lot of time to design and build. Also, review your current material and push for continued enhancements, such as personalized customer journeys.
In the end, we all really are in this together. This is a situation none of us have ever experienced before. One thing is for certain: COVID-19 has surely created a turbulent environment with a lot of uncertainty. In the midst of all of this, your customers need to hear from you. While it’s unknown when you may be able to work with your customers face to face, you can still have a positive impact on your company and continue to build your brand.