This manual is for our legacy transactional functions using SOAP. If you prefer to use our REST API please reffer to https://api.inwise.com/rest/v1/docs/index
We have two legacy SOAP functions for sending transactional emails:
- Sending_SendIndividualNewMessage – with this function you will transfer the whole message parameter including form address, recipient address, body, subject ext.
- Sending_SendIndividualExistingMessage – with this function you will transfer the recipient address and an existing template id that you have in your account. No need to transfer the html body. You might transfer more details like recipient custom fields ext.
If you use function 2 then you will be able to see your regular detailed reports by default, for example:
When you press on each link in the above report, you will be able to see the detailed data of the recipient who clicked,opened your transactional email
If you use function 1 then in order to have detailed reports, you will need to have a message for it in your account. For example, if you have two transactional emails that you use to send: “abandoned cart” email and “thank you” email then you will need to create two messages in your account in order to see a details report for each one of the template.
– The body is not important in this case because you will send your custom body, The messages are only for the reports
– You can create the message either from the UI or by API.
– When you will get the message id, you will transfer it to function 1 in each call
– Usually you only need to do it once and then go on with this for years. But there are also some implementation that you would want other reports like one for each day ext.
Here is an example of SOAP api call to create a message if you want to do it automatically using our API:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:ns1=”https://inwise.com/schemas”>
<ns1:Name>update – 2017-05-28 08:00:00</ns1:Name>